Saturday, August 9, 2008

Day 6

I ended up going to the party last night but I have since decided I really don't like the drinking "scene". Sure I partake in it but it only masks how a) tired I get and b) how bored i get. I only had two beers last night and a small glass of wine (maybe another half of a beer because I got sucked into subbing for Beirut) and I was really proud. But I still felt like shit when I get home. Alcohol really doesn't mask anything for me and for now on I'm only going to drink on random social situations (maybe a house party or two) and a glass with dinner if I should so feel the need.

I only semi-restricted last night at dinner, which was nice. And I allowed myself what I was craving this morning- a bowl of Quaker Oats squares- they are so high in sugar/ carbs I usually won't let myself have them. But that's what I wanted. So that's what I ate (with strawberries).

I am going to the gym today but not tomorrow. I have work 7-3 and I will be pooped/ the gym closes at 4. I think I'm going to start going every other day or 5 days a week. . . we will see what works best. It's funny because I know so much about exercise and nutrition and yet my body refuses to listen. I have to teach it.

I like my little resolution to stop drinking. I just hope it doesnt become a problem at school..

No comments: